NewDark mode is now available across the siteSee what's new
avatar
User-kfk1p1d ago

ByteDance phone screen recap, mostly project deep dive

Interview Experiences
tiktok
436686

Replies (4)

avatar
rohanverma1d ago

Same happened to me, they spent like 25 min just asking why I made certain tradeoffs on a project. Coding felt like an afterthought.

25
avatar
chloechen19981d ago

Yeah I've heard that a lot with ByteDance screens, seems like project reasoning matters more than the actual algo.

5
avatar
noahdavis031d ago

Good luck on the wait, hope it works out.

20
avatar
ben.he121d ago

Did they say anything about timeline for next steps or just radio silence for now?

8
avatar
User-bk7e91d ago

Wait, was the coding question before or after the resume deep dive? Curious how they structured the 45 minutes.

3
avatar
priyashah07141d ago

Deep dive came first, coding was crammed into whatever time was left. Wish I'd known going in tbh.

20
No more replies